PTFE and FEP are similar in their material properties. The main difference between PTFE and FEP lies in the maximum operating temperature and the colour. PTFE is milky/white and FEP is clear transparent.
FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) filament is a high grade material.
• Lower melting temperature than PTFE
• More flexible than PTFE
• Low dielectric constant (insulating)
• Chemically inert
• Very low co-efficient of friction
• Antistick properties
• UV resistant (does not age)
• Not hygroscopic (water absorption <0.01%)
• FDA approved
• Working temperature from -200°C to +205°C